a few words about IIBN
Our Mission Statement:
Connecting Irish entrepreneurs and business people globally.
IIBN is a global, not for profit organisation which brings together the cream of Irish business men and women. The objective of IIBN is to facilitate greater communication and connectivity between successful Irish business people all over the world with a view to identifying and exploiting opportunities.
Headquartered in London, IIBN also has chapters in New York, and Dublin.
One of IIBN’s key aims is to establish IIBN Chapters in all of the major cities which have strong Irish networks.
In brief, IIBN has explicitly established three main objectives:
- To network and to facilitate networking among members at local and global level
- To foster entrepreneurship and to nurture Irish entrepreneurs
- To mentor the next generation of Irish entrepreneurs
IIBN is comprised of one centralised organisation, namely IIBN Global, and a number of local Chapters, currently including IIBN London, New York and Ireland.
IIBN Global is based in London and is governed by a Board of Trustees according to the IIBN Global Charter.
what we offer
Free Member Network Evenings.
At IIBN we offer free network evenings where you can meet other members and develop business contacts in a social setting as well as business breakfasts and luncheons featuring political figures, entrepreneurs, motivational experts and other business leaders.
Seminars and Training.
Focused seminars and briefings on key business topics such as the economic outlook, best HR practices, labour court decisions, health and safety and changes in accountancy rules Training and educational opportunities.
By joining IIBN you will gain access to the network’s database of members and affiliates.
New York Board
Members of the Global Board include:
- Liz Shanahan, Founder of Reconfiguration & Engagement Partners & Co-Chair, IIBN
- Gerry Collins, Co Chair IIBN London & Senior Partner, Ecovis Wingrave Yeats
- Mary McEvoy, Co Chair IIBN New York & Senior Director, Pepsi Co
- Niall Fenton, Co Chair, IIBN Ireland & Director of European Operations at Lotus Capital
- Shaun O'Shea, Co Chair, IIBN Ireland & Partner, Beauchamps Solicitors
- Ailbhe Mullen, Executive Director, IIBN Global
Conor Foley founded IIBN in London in May 2007. He continues to take an active interest in all three chapters as he divides his time between New York, London and Dublin.
To connect with a Board Member in London, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Each of the local Chapters is managed by an elected Board. Elections take place every two years. All work carried out by the Board is done on a voluntary basis.